Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
7366 Colonial Trail East, Surry, VA 23883
ACADEMY & CUSTOM SHOP HOURS: WE ARE OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
This closed shop policy allows me to get my work done in a timely manner without interupptions. If you need to come by the shop please email me first at intel@TacticalShooting.com to make an appointment to come here. Thank you for your understanding.
Nearby Food & Lodging:
Bacons Castle Virginia (where our headquarters is currently located) is 12 miles from Smithfield and just 7 miles from downtown Surry (with one stop light) and historic Williamsburg is just 15 miles away. There is a free, enjoyable, 20 minute ferry ride across the James River (it runs about every ½ hour).
* There is the Hampton Inn, a very nice, clean modern motel 757.365.4760 with a very good continental breakfast.
* And then there’s a nice marina & hotel called the Smithfield Station (757.357.7700). It’s a bit pricey, but if that’s not an issue they have an AWESOME BRUNCH on Sunday morning and decent food. Ask for the Corporate discount for TSA (Tactical Shooting Academy).
* The Smithfield Inn (757.357.1752) is a very quaint, historic bed & breakfast (great eclectic food & old time tavern) just down the street from the bakery and ice cream parlor.
* For fast food, there’s the usual McDonald's, Burger King, etc.
* Williamsburg has too many places to list. Look up Williamsburg on the Internet and see what’s cooking, and for deals on motels. There is a free 20 minute Ferry Ride that goes right by Jamestown Island and you can see the old fort where they are doing an archaelogical dig. They also have a great museum filled with artifcats from the island. There's also Historic Willaimsburg and Bush Gardens close by.